After Care Instructions
*(Optional)We recommend to have someone drive you home after the procedure*
• Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
• Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after. The sunglasses are also handy for hiding puffy eyes.
• You may take whatever medicine you normally take for headaches or discomfort.
• Eyes may feel dry or irritated. Lubricating refresher drops may be used.
• Apply ointment with Q tip twice daily for 10 days after cleaning. No scrubbing or rubbing.
• Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally! Itching is normal.
• You may apply a clean ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper toweling, towel or cloth) for 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so, if desired. Do not put ice directly on area.
• Refrain from wearing makeup on or around the eyes for a minimum of 7 days.
• Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks. Clean eyelash curler with alcohol prior to using.
• Refrain from eyelash extensions for a minimum of 2 weeks post your eyeliner procedure.
• Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acids, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near eye area to prevent premature fading.
• Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
• Avoid pool, lake, ocean, sauna, steam rooms, steamy showers, and hot baths for 10 days.
• Avoid excessive sweating on your face for 7 days. Excessive Sweating will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor "patchy results.
Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the eyeliner procedure. While healing, the eyeliner tattoo will look spotty. This is due to healing skin regeneration. Healed eyeliner may fade up to 40%. Eyeliner Perfection Session (at an additional cost) may be required to achieve the desired results.
The above Pre and Post-Care for eyeliner will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are, the lower your immune system is, and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to procedure.
Protect your investment after you’ve healed!
• Exposure to the sun and tanning beds will cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment.
• For further sun protection wear hats, sunglasses, and stay in the shade!
• Every 2 years touchups are recommended to maintain great results.
• Certain skincare products and services will cause premature fading of your eyeliner tattoo and may also alter the pigment color. Please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your eyeliner tattoo before use of any of the following: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, hydroquinone, retinol/retin-a, vitamin c, peels, microdermabrasion, Obagi,or anything anything that brightens or treats hyperpigmentation.
• Frequent chlorine swimmers, please apply a barrier layer of Vaseline over your tattoo prior to swimming, to prevent premature fading.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those to those who fail to follow our Pre and Post Care Instructions. Failing to follow the above instructions will result in your Project Beauty artist not being able to provide your service and possibly future services.